If you've been putting off fall cleaning, this weekend might be a good one to dig in and get it done.
Fall Cleanup Week in Puyallup begins Monday and D.M. Disposal will collect extra yard waste, garbage and unwanted appliances this week for utility subscribers on regularly scheduled trash pickup days.
Here's what you're allowed to put out on the curb this week, from the City of Puyallup:
- Leave up to three extra bags of garbage for curbside pickup on your regular garbage day.
- The garbage must be in covered cans or garbage bags and should not weigh more than 40 pounds. Tires will not be accepted.
- Please make sure the garbage containers are at the curb before 7:00 a.m.
- Leave three extra containers of yard waste at the curb on your regularly scheduled yard waste service day.
- Please use garbage cans or bio-degradable lawn waste bags. Containers should not exceed 40 pounds.
- Make sure your containers are at the curb no later than 7:00 a.m.
- D.M. Disposal will pick up one major appliance per utility customer at no extra cost during the week of November 5th.
- Please secure the appliance doors and leave it at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on Monday, November 5th. D.M. Disposal will pick up appliances on their regular runs during the week.
- The following appliances are eligible for curbside pickup: Refrigerator, Freezer, Range, Dishwasher, Trash Compactor, Washing Machine, Clothes Dryer, Furnace, Hot Water Tank
Where to recycle glass
Curbside glass recycling is not available in Puyallup. However, there are several places citizens can drop off glass in the Puyallup area. There is no fee to recycle glass at these facilities:
D.M. Disposal Recycling Center
70th Ave. East and N. Levee Rd.
Hidden Valley Transfer Station
17925 Meridian St. East.
For more information on these and other city utility services please contact Utility Billing.