Pierce County Alert issued the following statement:
Snow possible Christmas morning in parts of the Western Washington interior. Skies are expected to partially clear Christmas Eve, permitting temperatures to cool close to freezing early Christmas morning just as moisture from an incoming Pacific frontal system arrives.
The precipitation will be rain along the coast near midnight but could start as snow in the interior of Western Washington early Christmas morning.
Two to 4 inches possible in the Hood Canal, Kitsap Penninsula and parts of SW Washington. Light accumulations are possible on higher hills or away from bodies of water like Puget Sound.
The precipitation in the interior is expected to turn over to all rain by midday. The exception is over the Hood Canal where it is possible it will be slower.
If you are planning any travel on Christmas Day be prepared for the potential of adverse winter weather driving conditions.
Here's the upcoming forecast for Puyallup, according to the National Weather Service.
- Saturday Night: Showers. Low around 34. South wind 11 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday: Showers. High near 43. East southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night: Showers, mainly before 4am. Low around 32. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday: A 40 percent chance of showers before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 42. South southwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Monday Night: A chance of rain between 10pm and 4am, then snow, possibly mixed with rain. Snow level 1400 feet lowering to 600 feet. Low around 31. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Christmas Day: Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 10am. Snow level 600 feet rising to 1400 feet. High near 41. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tuesday Night: Showers. Low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Wednesday: Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.
- Wednesday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.