JAN. 10, 2013
- Car Prowl: A car was prowled in the Good Samaritan Hospital parking garage.
- Car Theft: A car was stolen from the Southridge Apartments.
- False Information: An officer stopped a suspicious person on the Riverwalk Trail who lied about his identity. He had his hand in his pocket, concealing a knife.
- Car Prowl: Several car prowls occurred in the DSHS parking lot.
- Graffiti: Illegal graffiti was sprayed on a business at W. Meeker and S. Meridian.
JAN. 11, 2013
- Vehicle Theft: A car was stolen from the Hampton Apartments on S. Meridian.
- Vehicle Theft: A car was stolen from Country Gables on 7th St. SE.
- Vehicle Prowl: An unknown man smashed in the car windows of a vehicle parked outside Kids at Play Therapy on 5th Ave. NE. He stole an iPad from the floorboards of the car and fled as the passenger in a blue Chevrolet minivan. The man was described by witnesses as a Hispanic male, as was the getaway driver.
JAN. 12, 2013
- Property Damage: A driver struck a fire hydrant in front of a home on Shaw Road. He was later located and cited for hit and run. The hydrant had been moved but wasn’t leaking.
- Car Prowl: The trunk of a truck parked outside McDonalds was unlocked and rummaged through.
- DUI: A woman was arrested for drunk driving on E. Pioneer.
- House Fire: A home on the 1300 block of 25th St. NW was completely lost in a house fire, displacing six people. It was on a large parcel of land and no other homes were damaged. Investigators believe the fire started due to misuse of a space heater.
- Shoplifting: A man was arrested for shoplifting at Walmart; he had prior warrants.
- Malicious Mischief: A man was arrested for breaking a lawn ornament in front of his ex-girlfriend’s mother’s house. The ornament belonged to the new boyfriend’s mother.
- Malicious Mischief: The windows of JCPenney and Office Max were damaged overnight by rocks.
- Theft: Propane tanks were stolen from a trailer parked on 4th Ave. SW.
JAN. 13, 2013
- Warrant Arrest: A driver was stopped for expired tabs and suspicious stickers on his van on 2nd St. SE. He ended up having two felony warrants for residential burglary and forgery. His 15-year-old passenger had two warrants from Remann Hall for child rape. The driver’s brother showed up at the scene, and he too had warrants out for his arrest.
JAN. 14, 2013
- Weapons: A man was arrested for warrants and the officer located a blade knife wrapped in an eye glasses case clipped in the front of his pants.
- Trespassing: A man was found sleeping on the back porch of a residence he used to live at. He had a warrant for his arrest and was in possession of methamphetamine.
- Theft: Someone stole a five-gallon propane tank off a barbeque on a deck outside a home on 7th Ave. SW, and stole a propane tank from the resident’s camper as well.
- Motor Vehicle Recovery: An officer was on patrol when he noticed a stolen car parked outside a house known to police. The officer set up around the corner and soon the suspect left the home in the Honda. A high-risk traffic stop was completed and the man was taken into custody.
JAN. 15, 2013
- DUI: A woman was pulled over for improper lane travel and was determined to be impaired. There was an open can of beer in the middle console, she was over double the legal limit.
- Shoplifting: Two were confronted for shoplifting at Macy’s and they fled in a van that stopped at the McDonald’s/Chevron. They then fled from the van; the woman was caught by an officer hiding in some bushes near the freeway, the juvenile man was also captured and arrested.
JAN. 16, 2013
- Car Prowl: The windows of a car parked outside the Red Robin were smashed in and a backpack was stolen from the front seat.
- Theft: A student at Aylen Junior High reported that his iPod was stolen from an unlocked locker.
- Theft: A resident on 4th Ave. NW reported that $1600 worth of wet tile was stolen from his carport.
JAN. 17, 2013
- Agency Assist: A Puyallup police officer helped a Lakewood police officer take a woman into custody at the NW Motor Inn who had a US Marshalls warrant out for her arrest.
- Interrupted Residential Burglary: A resident awoke to two subjects entering through a kitchen window at a residence on Olympic Boulevard. The suspects fled the scene and described as two males in their 20s, one Caucasian and one Native American, wearing black jeans with black backpacks.
- Vehicle Theft: A resident on Tacoma Road left their car idling to warm up and returned to the driveway to find it stolen.
- Theft: A man allowed his niece, whom he believed stole from him in the past, into his home unattended. He then reported that his safe had been entered and thousands in U.S. and international currencies had been stolen. Also missing were some ivory figurines and jewelry, worth over $9,000.
- Possession: A man bought a broken amplifier from a subject on Craigslist. He contacted the suspect and set up another transaction at the Puyallup Library, and confronted him with police. The man had methamphetamine in his pocket and an escape warrant from the Department of Corrections.
Like getting local news for Puyallup? Sign up for the Puyallup Patch daily newsletter.